Saturday, January 12, 2008

Babushka's Doll

     Our class has been busily learning about Patricia Polacco this past week.  We have readand discussed  several of her books.  One thing we have discovered is that she tends to write autobiographical stories.  On Friday, I began reading a story called Babushka's Doll.



The students made a prediction that the story will be an autobiographical tale about Patricia Polacco's childhood.  I did not finish reading the story to allow the students to try something on their own this weekend.  
     I  instructed them to check the blog this weekend for an assignment if they had the opportunity.   I would like them to take a moment to write their own version of the story.  It does not need to be long.  The story can be a shortened summary of what they think will happen.  There will be a prize for those that participate.  I look forward to reading the stories.
Thanks and I'll be posting more soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog because it tells us about what the kids do. FROM: Celine