Monday, December 31, 2007

St. Augustine Lighthouse

Greetings everyone! I hope everyone has had a nice winter break so far. I have enjoyed mine. As a matter of fact, I visited the St. Augustine Lighthouse yesterday afternoon. It was a neat place to visit. If you have the chance to visit their website, you can find out all sorts of interesting information about St. Augustine and how the area has changed over the years. The website has a Keeper's Blog, photos from years ago, a detailed history and so much more.
If you have the opportunity to visit the actual lighthouse, be prepared to climb stairs. You have to climb a flight of stairs to reach the top of the tower but the view makes it worth the climb. I happened to be climbing up yesterday and spotted a rainbow over St. Augustine. I even managed to capture it in the photos below. This is a great place to visit for the whole family. Enjoy the photos and thanks for stopping by! Have a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!


No comments: